I make opportunity purchases on small bags all the time. A fabulous is over 60% off? I better get that. A is only $20? I can definitely use that. My everyday tote, though, is a purchase I deliberate over for weeks if not months. In that time, I read bag reviews, I watch YouTube unboxing videos and how I organize my bag videos, I google image search or hashtag search to see how it looks on women of my size. Of course, if the option is available, I also visit the bag in-store to try it on and take snaps of how it looks when I’m holding it. Are you like that too?
After an extended period of deliberation, I purchased a in the color French Grey. It will be replacing my (on mega sale!) because I wanted something smaller. The small York won me over because of its just-right size, the organization of the inside, and the color options. The bag has a center zip pocket that serves as a divider creating two compartments in the bag as well as the usual interior zip and additional small pockets for a cell phone and other items. I also love the French Grey color because it pairs well with the colors I like to wear and works for any season.
Today’s post shares what I’ve been carrying in my bag. Want to see me actually holding the bag? Check out the list of posts featuring the tote at the end.
What’s in My Bag:
1. A . In late February, I decided I wanted to keep an actual planner again. The is a longtime favorite, but I did”t want to purchase one since I’d already lost so many months. Besides, the new Kate Spade planners are released in July, so I’ll get one then.
2. A . I keep a few journals. This one is my blog journal that I use to keep track of outfit ideas, post ideas, and useful information I come across for my blog.
3. My iPad Mini in a Kate Spade Case (, ). I try not to move around with my MacBook unless I absolutely need it. When I do carry it, I usually just hold it in a . See why I love my Mujjo sleeve in this 2013 review. I’m still rocking with that same one.
4. A pencil pouch with my favorite and other things. This case is actually a makeup bag I found in a Target One Spot for $3.
5. My iPhone in a $5 case from the Target One Spot. I still have a 5S and luckily, the One Spot has cases for the older and newer phone models.
6. My . I’ve been using Darla wallets for years now because of the small but efficient size. I got the color option during a Kate Spade surprise sale this year.
7. A makeup bag with some of my favorite toiletries and beauty items, including a small , , , , and my safe-for-sensitive-skin .
8. Snacks! Of course, I ate them all, so you won’t see them in these photos. I always have a Larabar or a small bag of . I’m addicted to that popcorn. Have you tried ? Lately, I always have a pack of that in my bag too.
See me style the tote in these posts: