As promised. I wore today’s look to an afternoon screening of the “Sex and the City” movie last Friday. The outfit is anchored by a cool trapeze dress with a mod color and print, princess cap sleeves, and a shirred neckline. A white clutch and navy patent flats complete the look.
Dress—Max Studio via Marshalls Shoes—Banana Republic Factory Store Bag—Rag-O-Rama
Finally! I haven’t been this excited to go to the movies in ages. I am so ecstatic that I haven’t thought about what I am going to wear to an afternoon screening of the movie. I know, right! For a moment, this outfit—a fuchsia halter dress adorned with an orange and pink print scarf and tan d’Orsay pumps—seemed like serious possibility. But, nah…Check back on Monday to see what I went with.
Dress–Max Studio via Marshalls
Scarf–Collection Eighteen via Marshalls
Shoes–Tahari via Nordstrom
Have a great weekend. Enjoy the movie!
Summer style. An orange tank and yellow cardigan are a bright combination and give a fresh update to a classic white eyelet trimmed skirt. Tan d’Orsay pumps and a two-tone leather bag add finishing touches.
Tank—BCBG Max Azria via Marshalls Cardigan—Ann Taylor Loft Skirt—Gap Shoes—Tahari via Nordstrom Bag—Antonio Melani via Rag-O-Rama
Crisp white. This eyelet dress is chic with its striking crisscross halter, ruched bodice, and deep pockets. It is put together with tri-color metallic open-toe flats for a casual look. For more on the unbelievable deal I scored on this dress, check .
Dress—Calvin Klein via T.J. Maxx Shoes—MICHAEL Michael Kors via Smartbargains
P.S. Thanks for checking in during my unannounced absence last week. I am preparing to relocate at the end of the summer. So, I was home hunting all last week. I will give updates on the move later.
You have no idea. Ha. Ok, I’ve been tagged by to post 7 random facts about myself. Here goes.
- I was born and raised in St. Kitts, an island nation with a population that barely exceeds the University at which I now work.
- I spend most winter breaks in St. Kitts for Carnival.
- I only write with black ink and the pen has to be a Pilot p-500 pen.
- My favorite chocolate candy is a Cadbury Picnic bar. It is usually hard to find, so whenever I travel and find it, I stock up.
- I hate flower bouquets, and always worry that graciously accepting them from unknowing folks sends the wrong message. Of course, I had to let the Apex know after the first time.
- I don’t wear rings anymore.
- It is rare that I buy anything at full price.