St. Louis is bursting with talent and creativity. , a group anchored by nine imaginative young people, was created to ensure that fashion innovators in the early stages of their development are supported and given a platform to advance and share their skills. With these salient goals at the forefront, Synergy, a major fashion production by Show Me Love, emerged. I caught the event in St. Louis last weekend. Here’s what I took away.
1. Wow-worthy prints are a must this spring. Can you imagine the mix and match possibilities of this original print seen on the Synergy runway?
2. Stand out in head-to-toe white. Designers and showed us some fresh ways to wear white this spring and summer.
3. Chambray is the cool fabric of the spring and summer. The collections by , , and reminded us why.
4. Glitz and glamour are making a comeback. Some days just call for sequins and floor-sweeping silhouettes, and and are ready to dress you.
5. Pockets make garments so much more hip. The oversized, draped pockets seen in ‘s collection are functional and fabulous.
6. Knits need not be boring. ‘s knit collection was packed with surprises, from asymmetrical hemlines to tasteful open back details.
Synergy was quite the experience, from the opening dance performance by Caitlin Vasser to the closing performance by recording artist and Show Me Love Co-Founder, Chris Jay. In true Show Me Love spirit, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to , a division of the Urban League St. Louis focused on preparing generations for the workforce.